This is a review of the top three hiking shoes. If you are having a hard time determining what hiking shoes you should buy and what to look for, you’ve come the the right place. Not only will we point out the positives, we’ll let you know the negatives.
Determining factors that were taken into consideration were:
- 4 star rating or better
- Over 20 reviews
- New and bestselling status
Coming in at number 1: Merrell Men’s ‘Moab Ventilator’ Lace-up Hiking Shoes
If you don’t like the look of these shoes, I highly suggest you take a look at the options of colors available. With over 100 reviews and 4.5 stars average, this shoe has out done itself.
- Leather and mesh – a great combination of stability and breathability.
- Merrell brand – high quality product with a great reputation in the outdoor retail space.
- Light weight and comfortable shoe, perfect for short or long hikes.
- Some people say the shoes run small. If you’re on the edge of a shoe size, go for the size up.
Coming in at number 2: Teva Men’s Raith eVent Waterproof Hiking Shoe
- If you’re looking for a waterproof hiking shoe, this shoe has been known to keep people’s feet dry through snow and water.
- Interior cushion is great for hiking trips or all day hikes.
- Quality shoe that not only fits the bill and takes care of business on the trail, but it looks nice as well.
- Color appears to be darker in person from the picture shown.
- The tongue might be too short for your taste as you can see in the picture.
Last but not least, coming in at number 3: Merrell Men’s Moab Waterproof Lace-Up Shoes
- Waterproof, so if you work outside or have unexpected weather when you’re hiking you’ll be set.
- The Merrell brand name is always a plus. Top quality shoe that is comfortable.
- Some complained the size is too small. Once again if you’re on the edge of a size with Merrell, you might want to buy a size above. I find them to fit like any other shoe.
- Some said the shoe didn’t hold up or the waterproofing wasn’t up to there standards. This was only a small percentage of the reviews, as most reviews were 5 stars.
I sincerely hope these reviews help you decide which hiking shoe is right for you.
These are all links to Amazon. We found this to be the overall cheapest price and they over FREE returns and usually FREE shipping. We will get a small commission if you purchase from a link but that doesn’t make your cost any higher (it stays the same). This is an honest researched review that we put a lot of time into and only want to help. If there’s anything else we can do, please let us know in the comments below.
Also, if you’ve purchased one of these shoes, please let us know how they worked out.
If you have anything to add to the review above, please do so.